Tuesday, June 23, 2015

This morning's butterfly release took place in a fabric store, and because it was crowded, I was not able to get a photo. Instead, I will show this image of one of my other projects - one of my first primitive-style dolls, made using linen I dyed myself.

She was an experimental piece, made without a pattern. I actually liked her so much that I have kept her, so she is still sitting on my sideboard.

The method I used to dye the linen was from the book Color By Accident by Ann Johnson, a title I recommend for anyone interested in small-scale dyeing projects. Her method uses fiber reactive dyes and small amounts of water at a time to yield unpredictable and beautiful results. I got my copy through Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment